Friday 27 September 2013

CALLING IN THE REINFORCEMENTS {AND LETTING GO OF MY PRIDE}



This week I hit a brick wall. Actually I smashed into it doing 100 miles an hour and fell on the floor in a big quivering mess. Not literally fortunately but emotionally, physically and mentally ~ I completely came to the end of myself.
Unfortunately it coincided with Tim being away for work which may or may not have had something to do with it... but whatever the reason it certainly had been brewing for a while... and when it happened it was nasty.

I swallowed my pride and inspired by this darling lady I rang my mum. 
Not an easy thing for me to do... the whole admitting I'm struggling things is really really hard for me. I like to appear capable and competent and totally on top of everything.

Anyway.. My mama arrived. With dinner, breakfast and B vitamin and iron rich superfoods she had me chugging back brewers yeast smoothies (argghh... still as disgusting as when I was a kid) and floradix tonic while I rested and read.
My house is clean and washing done and folded... I have rested and slept for the first time in a long time... and already I am feeling more like my old self.

So thankful and so blessed.

Thank you God for mums

xx


3 comments:

  1. Oh God bless your Mum, what a precious lady!
    Hope you continue to feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I understand....I like to appear the same.....but thank goodness for mums :)) take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you kate. You have a wonderful mum, God got it right when he out you two together, much love mim

    ReplyDelete